Sunday, December 2, 2007

Kill or be Killed - THE ANSWER!

Duration: 03:48 minutes
Upload Time: 2007-09-24 05:17:27
User: NewWarriorMan
:::: Favorites
:::: Top Videos of Day
Description:

~ READ THIS: DAVID MICHAEL DEFINITIVELY ANSWERS THE PERPLEXING QUESTION ~ David Michael's dramatic scenario helped me see that I have a survival instinct that is more powerful than anything else in my life - hey, just study how people truly react in desperate situations! Psychologically speaking, my first survival decision as a child was to create safety for myself by being the "loving" one - the peacemaker - in a cruel family environment. By trying to make others happy and feel loved, I could be happy and feel loved. When I was in this workshop with David, my first response to his question was that I would die for the other person (my shadow Lover archetype). Then and there I realized my answer wasn't completely true, so I owned the part of me that would do whatever it took to survive (my shadow Warrior archetype). Finally, I became stuck in the middle (my shadow Magician archetype) and could not make a decision (from my abdicating shadow King archetype), and I said, "I don't really know what I'd do." I realize now that I am challenged every day on what I would do, and more often than not I will defend to the death my way of surviving life. I would indeed, choose to kill. I will do anything BUT relinquish the way I have survived all these years from those initial childhood decisions. However, as an adult man, I am able to be honest, reframe my beliefs and choices, and find a more mature way to survive. As I learn to integrate my four basic archetypal selves, I can live more fully from an authentic and independent place where I take personal responsibility for what I need - and I GET IT - allowing myself to give more genuinely, freely and lovingly to others. - NWM Check out my poem around this personal work. Click on my video response under this vid or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuHNpE9RZtA -------------------------------------------- http://www.youtube.com/user/follybeachdavid "In order to live in a way where we choose our behavior based on the experience we intend, instead of living in a way where we live each day 'at effect' of the world; that is, as victims waiting for 'the other shoe to drop,' only being happy after we've made others happy, and repressing our feelings so we can be liked, we must face all of ourselves that we most fear, deny, ignore, and repress. Only by facing, owning, taking responsibility for, and ultimately loving our darkness, can we choose our Light. This exercise sets up a 'rock and a hard place' scenario in order to help us find and face the place within where we are all about survival; no thought; no ideas; no words; simply survival. If you haven't touched it already, or don't believe you have that darkness within; there's more work to be done. If you've already touched it and do believe you have that darkness within, there's more work to be done. C'mon over to my 'myspace' page. Check the blog that's just begun. Bring your questions, challenges, and ideas. I look forward to meeting each of you." -- David Michael My email address is Dmichael0@aol.com and MySpace URL is myspace.com/outonthewater "The only work we have to do is on ourselves." - Ram Dass --------------------------------------------

Comments

ReliableInsider ::: Favorites  2007-09-25 16:47:40

Hey, one of those crazy right-wingers is coming on. Ahmadinejad.
__________________________________________________
NewWarriorMan ::: Favorites  2007-09-25 16:48:34

ReliableInsider, he was invited here by Columbia University - the bastion of liberalism. You must be friends with him, not me.
__________________________________________________
ReliableInsider ::: Favorites  2007-09-25 16:54:54

I wouldn't send the message to young men who are trying to define masculinity that they should be snapping people's necks like toothpicks.
__________________________________________________
NewWarriorMan ::: Favorites  2007-09-25 16:56:57

R, they're going to do it anyway ... this message is for poor saps who live their lives in quiet desperation believing they need to dedicate their life to their parents - their job - their whatever. The ultimate answer: People should take better care of themselves.
__________________________________________________
NewWarriorMan ::: Favorites  2007-09-25 16:57:48

Good self-interest will benefit us all ... this scenario and answer is obviously hyberbole to make a point. You don't get DRAMA?!
__________________________________________________
ReliableInsider ::: Favorites  2007-09-25 16:58:52

If DM were here, I would say that what he should be saying is something slightly more universal: that MANY of us lose track of our own voice. There are so many people yelling at us from the moment we're born, from parents, to teachers, to non-stop advertising . . . that we don't really know what WE believe. We don't KNOW who we are or what we want. Our own voice is lost in the shuffle. I think that's what a lot of adulthood is about: trying to hear yourself in the din.
__________________________________________________
NewWarriorMan ::: Favorites  2007-09-25 17:00:31

Reliable, I love what you just said. I hope you would travel with DM and help others share is message!
__________________________________________________
ReliableInsider ::: Favorites  2007-09-25 17:01:59

Stop insulting me and defending the indefensible. Sometimes our real selves is worse than the one we create. Sometimes it's better.
__________________________________________________
NewWarriorMan ::: Favorites  2007-09-25 17:03:14

I'm insulting you by agreeing with you?!
__________________________________________________
NewWarriorMan ::: Favorites  2007-09-25 17:04:02

"Sometimes our real selves is worse than the one we create. Sometimes it's better." Be prepared to be insulted again, because I agree with this. Let's look at ALL of who we are, our shadow and our gold.
__________________________________________________
ReliableInsider ::: Favorites  2007-09-25 17:07:29

There's a lag. You're insulting me by telling me all the things I don't know and ascribing a lot of Rush Limbaugh crap to me. Rush Limbaugh lies!
__________________________________________________
ReliableInsider ::: Favorites  2007-09-25 17:08:34

I know I'm going to break a lot of hearts when I say it but Rush Limbaugh lies and lies and lies.
__________________________________________________
NewWarriorMan ::: Favorites  2007-09-25 17:08:57

Reliable, you're WRONG! lol ... there, do you feel better now?
__________________________________________________
clayLavl ::: Favorites  2007-09-25 17:09:38

howdy! another love fest i see..hehe! i'm joking because i had my 'love fest' last night..hehe!
__________________________________________________
ReliableInsider ::: Favorites  2007-09-25 17:10:41

I think of things in terms of evolution. We're animals and we're people. Part of our brains are amoral lizard brains. That's all still there. But that doesn't mean we should act like DM. If you're like DM, then the 'If it feels good, do it' philosophy does work. He should be doing what feels terrible.
__________________________________________________

No comments: